How to get registered as an Alternative Investment Fund
1. The Applicant for grant of registration as an Alternative Investment Fund under SEBI (Alternative Investment Funds) Regulations, 2012 should make an application to SEBI in Form A as provided in the Regulations along with all the necessary documents.
2. Generally on receipt of Application, the applicant will receive a reply from SEBI within 21 working days. The time taken for registration however, depends on how fast the requirements are complied with by the applicant.
3. The applicant is advised to go through the SEBI (Alternative Investment Funds) Regulations, 2012 for checking the eligibility criteria and such other details which may help expedite the registration process.
4. The applicant must mention in the covering letter as to whether:
a. It is registered with SEBI as a Venture Capital Fund. If yes, provide details.
b. It has been undertaking the activities of an AIF prior to such application. If yes, provide details.
c. It is applying for registration of a new fund.
5. As an integral part of the registration process, the applicant will submit the following a. Form A appropriately filled, numbered, duly signed and stamped.
b. Application fees of Rs.1,00,000/- by way of bank draft in favour of “The Securities and Exchange Board of India”, payable at Mumbai.
6. The applicant shall also make an online application in terms of the guidelines as prescribed by SEBI from time to time.
Please visit SEBI Link for more detail
All about SEBI's alternative investment fund: